Thursday, May 4, 2017

Book Review!

I admit it, I'm awful at book reviews so bare with me.

I don't want my blog to be only about my book so I am working to review other authors as well. I'll add more books and authors soon.

An author who is on my mind is Alana Terry (http://www.alanaterry.com), probably because I got one of her books during a free Kindle promotion and have a sample of one of her books in my queue. I'd download and read it if I could locate my Kindle!

I didn't think I liked suspense novels or Christian novels. Her book, Unplanned, sat in my Kindle queue for months, ignored. I only downloaded it because it was free -for shame, right?

I finally went to read it and wasn't too "into" it at first, likely because it was a whole new genre- make that two new genres- for me.

Oh, things changed. I could identify with the main character, Kennedy, right away. I'd never lived with missionary parents in China, but I'd worked with students from China, and attend a missionary type church. I was transported back to my own days in college, the emotions, the strange roommates, etc.

The pastor in the story reminds me of our "substitute" pastor, so I could easily fit his character into my brain if that makes sense. I like when I can put my finger on a character.

I have donated at our local pregnancy center and would volunteer if I had someone to watch my littles, and helping out a pro-life/pregnancy center, helping mothers, babies, families in need is an issue close to my heart, so again I could envision Unplanned well since it connected in a way to my own life.

I devoured Unplanned in one night and downloaded Paralyzed next and so on and so forth. Ok, I've only read four of her books thus far but I'm trying to space out my reading so I can always have a book or two or three to read of hers.

The books are quick reads and engaging, with good characters and page-turning suspense. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

updates

As you may see, I published my second novel and named my series (Lilies of the Field). I am so very slowly working on book #3. I'm doi...