Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Book Review Vikki Kestell Stealthy Steps

I must learn from Vikki Kestell. Must.

Let me back up. I downloaded a set of free Christian Fiction books called, Inspired, on my kindle and Stealthy Steps by Vikki Kestell was one of the books  included (Inspired can be found here, Stealthy steps here) .

I like sci-fi and this book is sci-fi BUT- BUT I am beyond picky about sci-fi and maybe find 1/1000 sci-fi books that pique my interest, therefore I don't "admit" I like sci-fi. I don't like fantasy, and dystopian fiction has become less The Stand and more Hunger Games which isn't my thing...sigh...I miss good dystopian lit.

Related to this, do NOT misspell Vikki Kestell's name unless you are in for a surprise. No offense to Vikki Kestrell, a near-name doppleganger, but I doubt those looking for Christian Fiction with a sci-fi twist are into lesbian goblin erotica.

Anyway, whew! Back to Vikke Kestell, K-e-s-t-e-l-l, and her amazing work!

Ok so I don't want to give away any clues, but the story line follows the main character, Gemma, as she ends up in some secret governmental-sciene type conspiracy theory with a suspenseful little bit sprinkled in.  Just my kind of story!

Gemma is an ordinary girl with a tragic past and an amazing personality - er- inner dialogue. The story is written succinctly yet with a narration/voice of Gemma's stream of consciousness, a witty, humorous, thoughtful, brave -yet- doubting character.

Really, the whole "must" thing at the beginning of my post is because of Vikki Kestell's character, Gemma. Her (Kestell's) art of characterization is ah-maz-ing. My characters seem so flat in comparison.

So the story follows the vague hint of storyline I gave and of course has other well-written characters and intrigue and page-turning awesomeness. So much so, that, I bought her second book in the series.

Let me let you in on a secret. I'm a cheapskate and very indecisive and hesitant, so I will consider purchasing a book for a long time. First I think about it for a day or two and give up. Then I look for deals and wait and wait and wait so long I forget I want the book, until I poser upon it in one of my wish lists,  in which I usually repeat the process before finally buying it.

Same thing goes for makeup, clothing, really anything  aside from food or travel, by the way.

Well, I bought the second book  in the series the very moment I finished Stealthy Steps.

Head on over and check out my links way up where I mumbled about here and here, and browse the book summary to find out far more than I ever let on to, and go buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

updates

As you may see, I published my second novel and named my series (Lilies of the Field). I am so very slowly working on book #3. I'm doi...